Republic of Moldova
Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project
Project ID No. P173776
Ref. no.: MD-MHLSP-182626-CS-INDV
Assignment Title: Social Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Moldova has receivedfinancing from the World Bank (Bank) toward the cost of the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Environmental Specialist.
With this purpose, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection seeks to contract an experienced individual local consultant in order to provide assistance to the Ministry in further development and implementation of effective Ajutorul Social program, as well as monitoring of the program, as well as carrying out all activities related to Social Protection arrangements for the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project.
The primary objective of the assignment is to support the Government’s to increase access and quality of the social assistance programs for the Moldovan population, especially improvement of Ajutorul Social cash program. If the project is successful, Moldova will in the long term be able to increase social assistance coverage among the needy, and decrease leakages. The Social Specialist will provide assistance to the Ministry in further development and implementation of effective Ajutorul Social program, as well as monitoring of the program.
The Social Specialist (part-time position) will be responsible for carrying out all activities related to Social Protection arrangements for the Moldova Emergency COVID-19 Response Project (P173776). See all Project’s Public Disclosure Authorized Documents.
- University degree in Social areas or similar;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in assignments for Social assessment and Social management in wide range of activities;
- Knowledge of the Republic of Moldova’s legislation for social protection and the World Bank’s social policies;
- Previous experience with World Bank’s projects – will be considered as an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience for supporting, advising and/or collaborating with national public institutions;
- Very good interpersonal and communicational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in team;
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Fluency in English and Romanian (excellent writing skills, listening, reading, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills will be a strong advantage.
Social Specialist shall be engaged on a part-time basis (work load will be different during the year, but in general 50% of full working time will be required). Deadline for presenting the Expressions of Interest is July 15th, 2020, 24:00 at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the assignment title.